If you are a commercial business owner, you already know how important your company’s security can be. For both you, your employees, and your client’s sake, all the information that you work with every day must be safely secured. If you haven’t invested in a security system for your business, though, now is the time. Companies are a frequent target for most burglaries in the United States. While security is essential for all businesses, some industries are more appealing to burglars than others, and proper precautions should be made accordingly. Here are three reasons burglars may target your business and how to properly defend against them.
What Makes a Business a Target for Burglars?
When it comes to choosing a possible target, burglars look for specific characteristics regarding your company, and it’s security system. Here are a few of the qualities:
- Businesses with clear valuables: Electronic stores, pharmacies, liquor stores, and jewelry stores are all primary targets for criminals because of the valuable items that are sold there. A criminal can sell items from these stores for a significant profit.
- Cash Heavy Businesses: Burglars often go after places that keep large amounts of cash on hand. Establishments like pawn stores and banks are targets for burglars. Any office businesses with valuable client information can also be targets.
- Late Night Businesses: Restaurants, bars, and gas stations are other prime targets for burglars. This is because fewer people are working and little to no security systems implemented.
How to Keep Your Business Safe and Secure
Here are some methods on how to secure the valuables your business might be holding:
- Video surveillance allows you to keep a close eye on your business when you’re not there. Catch and monitor criminals with surveillance cameras set throughout your business and its perimeters. If your company wants something a bit more high-tech for security reasons, consider artificial intelligence cameras – such as an intelligent driver cam.
- Monitored alarms can alert if an intruder tries to break into your business. A warning is triggered, and a signal is then sent to a monitoring center. Afterward, a monitoring center then lets you and the authorities know of the incident. You can also apply any advanced security technology from Gatekeeper in any company cars to ensure they don’t get broken into or hacked.
- Mobile solutions allow you to manage your company’s security system through your smartphone or computer.
Intelligent Systems With Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper Security’s suite of intelligent optical technologies provides security personnel with the tool to detect today’s threats. Our systems help those in the energy, transportation, commercial, and government sectors protect their people and their valuables by detecting threats in time to take action. From automatic under vehicle inspection systems, automatic license plate reader systems, to on the move automatic vehicle occupant identifier, we offer full 360-degree vehicle scanning to ensure any threat is found. Throughout 30 countries around the globe, Gatekeeper Security’s technology is trusted to help protect critical infrastructure. Follow us on Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn for updates about our technology and company.