For checkpoints and installations where roads cannot be dug up or situations where mobility is required and checkpoints need to be moved, the GKR-1011 AUVIS is the ideal mobile solution for automatic under vehicle inspection. The GKR-1011 is quick and easy to install, and offers the same advanced capabilities as the permanent embedded application – GKR-2011 AUVIS.
How Does Gatekeeper’s Mobile Automatic Under Vehicle Inspection System (AUVIS) Technology Work?
Gatekeeper’s patented Automatic Under Vehicle Inspection System (AUVIS) technology rapidly scans a vehicle’s undercarriage and automatically:
- Identifies the vehicle’s make and model
- Detects any foreign objects or modifications
- Highlights these changes
- Establishes the vehicle’s “digital fingerprint”
- Alerts personnel of any threats – all in a matter of seconds
- High and secure throughput
The GKR-1011 AUVIS mobile solution detects threats or modifications to a vehicle’s undercarriage as vehicles drive over the mobile bidirectional scanners. Two high-resolution, virtual 3-D digital images of a vehicle’s undercarriage are compiled to create the vehicle’s fingerprint, making it easier to see any threatening objects that may be hidden on top of an axle or crossbeam. In addition, an overview of the car and driver are captured and displayed.
2-3 seconds after the vehicle has cleared the mobile scanning device, Gatekeeper’s Automatic Foreign Object Detection software automatically compares the subject vehicle’s undercarriage to a safe vehicle (stored in the database) and displays both on the operator’s screen. The system then immediately identifies any threatening foreign objects or modifications to the undercarriage by circling them with a red ring (see below) AND activating an audio and/or visual alarm.
The components of the GKR-1011 Mobile Automatic Under Vehicle Inspection System (AUVIS) include:
- Mobile platform
- IP68 rated dual-view scanning system (includes AUVIS image stitching software and automatic change detection software)
- Database (includes Watch List for wanted vehicles, Vehicle Verification vs. License Plate, event log, etc.)
- Embedded networking capability to connect to LAN/WAN remote units nearby, across town, or around the world
- Integrated devices (cameras, traffic light, etc.),
- 21.5″ daylight readable, LED backlit, touch screen operator terminal
The Mobile AUVIS system can be integrated with a full range of entry control point technologies, including:
- Biometric systems such as fingerprint scanning
- Facial recognition technologies
- License plate reader systems, including Gatekeeper’s own LPR System
- Driver camera systems, including Gatekeeper’s own DriverCam System
- RFID identifiers
- Smart Card readers
- Barriers, including road blockers, cats claw, and bollards
- Many other entry control point technologies.
Gatekeeper’s mobile AUVIS, GKR-1011 is ideal for automatic under vehicle inspection in:
- Installations where roads cannot be dug up
- Special events that require a high level of security
- Situations where temporary security is needed
- Checkpoints that need to be moved occasionally